DID YOU KNOW?
→ of working people in Canada are family caregivers
→ annual loss of productivity for Canadian businesses
→ of family caregivers who work spend 5 hours or more per week providing help or care
→ number of years that providing care can last
→ new labour standards regarding caregivers become active
What is a family caregiver?
A family caregiver is anyone who provides, without remuneration, regular help or care to a person who has a significant or persistent incapacity.
What do caregivers do?
- Manage appointments and medications
- Personal and medical care
- Accompaniment and transport
- Legal and financial affairs
- Domestic tasks
- Emotional and psychological support
What are the impacts?
…for the employer
- Absenteeism, presenteeism
- Staff turnover
- Managing difficult and complex situations
…on the employee
- Stress, anxiety, distress
- Physical and mental health problems
- Work-family balance
Would you like to minimize the impacts of caregiving on your workplace and in the lives of your employees?
We have solutions for you!
The YWCA offers free tools and services for you to help reduce the human and financial impacts of caregiving in your workplace.
→ Confidentiel survey:
A confidential staff survey conducted by us, followed by global results and suggestions for concrete actions
Consultations available for your managers, with personalised recommendations adapted to the needs of your workplace.
Information, sensitization and prevention conferences on various themes, such as :
- Preserving the health of caregivers
- Understanding the CLSC services offered to seniors
- Wills and mandates of incapacity
Workshops aimed at supporting caregivers and improving their well-being, such as :
- Managing stress and anxiety
- Adapting to the changes in your life
- Finding balance
→ Information et references :
Active listening with information, resources and support for caregiver employees and their entourage.
514-866-9941, ext. 229 or email@example.com