Through its clothing boutique, the Fringues & Cie program offers women experiencing difficulty integrating into the workforce, paid work experience and comprehensive training in retail sales and customer service. The program is offered in collaboration with the Champlain Adult Education Center of the Marguerite-Bourgeoys School Board and participants who have completed the program receive a certificate of competency.
We offer a comprehensive approach to training which combines professional, personal and social aspects. The entire integration process is realized through group activities that encourage exchange, intercultural understanding and mutual support among participants.
- Training Workshops;
- Sales techniques;
- Customer service;
- Fashion trends;
- Merchandise inventory;
- Workplace internship.
Attestation of Professional Skills
Work experience is combined with training accreditation by the centre d’éducation des adultes Champlain of the Commission scolaire Marguerite-Bourgeoys.
Work in the Boutique
The clothing boutique represents the workplace with its computerized cash register system, lay away plan, rules and procedures, stock management, promotional tools, etc.
Internship and Workforce Integration
The workplace internship allows for skills integration along with opportunities to develop contacts with employers.
Follow-up and Evaluation
The program staff works together to offer each participant a personalized follow-up. Different evaluation methods are used to assess the pace of learning and the strengths and skills attained.
- Unemployed women between the ages of 18 and 35;
- Without a college, university or specialized diploma recognized in Quebec;
- Without significant work experience in the area of sales and customer service;
- Motivated to join the workforce in the area of sales and customer service;
- Available to work 35 hours per week, from Monday to Friday, variable schedule;
- Resident of Montreal;
- Have a good knowledge of French;
- Meet the eligibility criteria of the ministère du Travail, de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale.
In collaboration with Emploi-Québec.
If you would like to know more about the Fringues & Cie Program
call or write to us.