In order to help mothers in their job integration search, The Mothers Work Integration Program is a 19-week group program which helps mothers integrate into the workforce by offering them workshops in self-awareness, career-orientation, and employment research. Offered in the fall and winter, this program welcomes 4 group per year (one English-speaking group and one French-speaking group in September and one English-speaking group and one French-speaking group in February).
Activities and Workshops
- Career exploration workshops;
- Psychometric testing;
- Skills and interests exploration in order to developp a career plan;
- Group workshops and individual counselling;
- Filmed Interviews;
- Introductory computer and language courses (French or English);
- Company visits;
- Meeting with a professionnel working in your chosen field;
- Art-therapy to boost your self-esteem;
- Internship in your field of interest (4 to 6 weeks).
The Mothers Work Integration Program is also
A possibility to build your network of contacts!
In addition to school and company visits, our participants have the opportunity to benefit from a 4-6 week internship in an area that interests them and will provide them with recent working experience.
Participants have the possibility to be paired with a woman working in a work sector or field that is of interest to her. The mentors will be able to share information about different aspects of their career profile.
Each participant has the option of being paired with a volunteer, specially trained, to accompany them through the process of reintegrating into the workforce. The purpose of the accompaniment is to offer our participants support and encouragement through this transitional period in their lives as well as helping them improve their language skills.
Duration and Time
- 19 weeks
- From Monday to Friday, 9 am to 3:30 pm
- Offered in fall and winter
To be eligible
You must be a Mother who is:
- Responsible for at least one child, and lives in Montreal;
- a social welfare benefit, an employment insurance recipient or without income;
- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- able to communicate in either French or English.
In collaboration with Emploi-Québec.
If you would like to know more about the Mothers Work Integration Program
call or write to us.