DID YOU KNOW?
→ of working people in Canada are family caregivers
→ annual loss of productivity for Canadian businesses
→ of family caregivers who work spend 5 hours or more per week providing help or care
→ number of years that providing care can last
→ new labour standards regarding caregivers become active
What is a family caregiver?
A family caregiver is anyone who provides, without remuneration, regular help or care to a person who has a significant or persistent incapacity.
What do caregivers do?
- Manage appointments and medications
- Personal and medical care
- Accompaniment and transport
- Legal and financial affairs
- Domestic tasks
- Emotional and psychological support
What are the impacts?
…for the employer
- Absenteeism, presenteeism
- Staff turnover
- Managing difficult and complex situations
…on the employee
- Stress, anxiety, distress
- Physical and mental health problems
- Work-family balance
Find out more about our Family Caregivers Support Program
You can contact us at 514 866-9941, ext. 226 or by completing the form below.
"*" indicates required fields