The YWCA offers art therapy sessions to the participants of its Housing Services and Employability Services. In addition, an art therapy group at the Musée des Beaux-Arts is offered to women and girls as part of the YWCA’s schedule of activities.
The art therapy service is offered by a student intern completing a graduate degree in Art Therapy.
- To increase self-esteem and self-understanding
- To identify emotions and their sources
- To develop healthy coping skills
- To express feelings that are difficult to articulate verbally
- To encourage creative experimentation
- To connect with your intuitive and creative potential
Type of services
- Individual and group sessions
- Secure, confidential and non-judgemental framework
- Sessions focused on the needs of each paticipant
- Art material provided
- Offered to girls and women
- Motivation, commitment and availability
- Initial interview to evaluate if Art Therapy will meet your needs
No art making experience required!
This service is offered free of charge in both english and french!
*Please note that this service is not available during the summer (April to September). It will be possible to contact us again from September 1st to find out about the new availability of art therapy service. A new waiting list will be formed from this date only.