Free legal information, accompaniment and support services
The Community Legal Corner provides an open space equipped with workstations (computers and printer), a documentation center and a resource person available to offer any support.
The service is open to anyone wishing to better understand their rights or looking for help with their legal research or procedures.
Resources and referrals
- A safe work space (computers, printer)
- Commissioner of Oaths service
- Information and documentation
Listening, help and support
- Answers to your questions and help to understand your legal issues
- Preparation prior to meeting with a lawyer or a notary
- Support in drafting letters (for the form, not for the content)
- Help filling out forms and accessing online files
- Court accompaniment
Multilingual services possible
Some services may require an appointment.
This service is intended to inform and not to provide legal aid. We offer a general explanation of the law and procedures, of your obligations and of the different options available to you. Therefore, we cannot:
- Make representations in Court
- Evaluate your file, asses your chances of success or the value of the evidence
- Take any action, recommend a strategy or recommend the amount to be claimed
- Review documents or initiate any legal proceedings for you
The YWCA is not responsible for the legal information given by the volunteer lawyers and notaries or for any follow-up services arranged between the parties.
The Community Legal Corner is operated by the YWCA Montreal Legal Information Clinic. As part of the Financial assistance program to promote access to justice provided by the Minister of Justice, this project aims to facilitate access to legal information and provide guidance in order to help beneficiaries better navigate the system.
For more information or to make an appointment
Call us at 514 866-9941 ext. 293 or complete the form below.
Please note that we return emails within 2-3 business days. If you need the immediate assistance of a lawyer, we suggest you contact Juripop at 1-855-587-4767 or Legal Aid at (514) 842-2233. Thank you for your understanding!
"*" indicates required fields