COVID-19 : The Volunteer Centre is temporarily closed. If you wish to lend a hand to a Montreal organization, we invite you to consult the following websites.
We are currently seeking volunteer lawyers available to work remotely to help the community through our Legal Information Clinic! If you are interested to join our team, send us your application stating your area of expertise and availabilities at email@example.com.
It will be a pleasure to see you again as soon as possible. Until then, we wish you and all your loved ones good health.
Each year, hundreds of volunteers work closely with the YWCA team to offer women programs tailored to their needs: employability, housing services, leadership, legal information, etc. Thanks to YOU, we’re always closer to fulfilling our mission! THANK YOU!
How do I sign up to be a volunteer?
What volunteer positions are available at the YWCA?
Can I do an unpaid internship at the YWCA?
Can I sign up for a position that is not vacant?
Can I offer services that are not listed in the available positions?
I am a man. Can I still volunteer ?
How can I reach the Volunteer Center?
Why get involved ?
People volunteer to :
- Meet new people
- Feel useful
- Gain work experience in Quebec as part of a job search
- Be involved in women’s issues
- Develop specific skills
- Keep busy
- Practise speaking English or French
How do I sign up to be a volunteer ?
To become a volunteer at the YWCA Montreal, you can follow this procedure :
- Apply for a specific position among those listed in the table of volunteer positions below. You’ll find each description by clicking on the title.
- In order to ensure you will be happy in your volunteer position and that there is good relationship between you and the YWCA, you must meet the following criteria:
- have most of the required skills indicated in the description of the position;
- be certain that the conditions and schedule are suitable for you;
- be familiar with the YWCA’s values and programs and want to contribute to fulfilling its mission.
- Fill out the form below and specify the position for which you are applying.*We will try to get back to you as soon as possible*
- If the position is vacant, we will ask you a few questions and then make an appointment with you for an interview.
- If the position is not vacant, we will add you to the waiting list and contact you once it becomes vacant again.
What volunteer positions are available at the YWCA ?
Click on the title of the position for its description.
Can I sign up for a position that is not vacant ?
If you would like to hold a position that is not vacant, you can still send us an e-mail indicating your interest. We will put you on a waiting list and contact you once the position becomes vacant again. We cannot guarantee future vacancy of volunteer positions.
Can I offer services that are not listed in the positions ?
Do you have talents you would like to share with the YWCA and its participants that are not included in the vacant positions? Let us know! We’ll see if we can fit your services in. Please fill out the form below.
I am a man. Can I still volunteer ?
Men can also volunteer at the YWCA! Some positions are open to men as well as women. Please consult the volunteer positions table and check the last column, which indicates if the position is open to men.
Can I do an unpaid internship at the YWCA ?
The YWCA offers unpaid internships. We have certain agreements with educational institutions to provide internships in social work, social intervention and recreational services. These internships are not posted on the website. Vacant internships that are not part of an agreement can be listed in the Job Offers section.
How can I reach the Volunteer Center ?
To apply for a volunteer position, please send fill out the form below or call us at 514-866-9941 ext. 235. Please note that we will try to get back to you in a week or less.