Through its clothing boutique, the Fringues & Cie program offers women experiencing difficulty integrating into the workforce, paid work experience and comprehensive training in retail sales and customer service.
The program is offered in collaboration with the Champlain Adult Education Center of the Marguerite-Bourgeoys School Board and participants who have completed the program receive a training certificate in a semi-skilled trade.
We offer a comprehensive approach to training which combines professional, personal and social aspects. The entire integration process is realized through group activities that encourage exchange, intercultural understanding and mutual support among participants.
- Professional training;
- Learning various skills related to sales and customer service;
- For a better consolidation of assets, all activities are given alternately with work in the shop.
- Sales and customer service;
- Socio-professional integration;
- Job search techniques;
- Computer technology;
Work in the Boutique
The thrift-boutique serves as a workplace for participants. They put into practice what they have learned about computerized cash register system, merchandise management and set-aside, regulations and procedures, sales techniques and promotional tools used and more.
Work in warehouse
Learning all stages of the life cycle of the garment, from donation to marketing: selection, washing, ironing, labeling, etc.
Internship and Workforce Integration
Job search techniques workshops are offered to participants in order to help them in their internship or job search process. The workplace internship allows for skills integration along with opportunities to develop contacts with employers.
Follow-up and Evaluation
The support team works together to offer each participant a personalized follow-up. Different evaluation methods are used to assess the pace of learning and the strengths and skills attained.
- Be an unemployed woman and between 18 and 60 years old;
- Be a resident of the island of Montreal;
- Be able to understand and speak French;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or accepted refugee;
- Be available to work 35 hours per week, from Monday to Friday, variable schedule;
- Meet the eligibility criteria of the ministère du Travail, de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale.
In collaboration with Services Québec.
Next info session(s) (Online)
To learn more and to verify your eligibility to the Fringues & Cie Program
LEAVE A VOICE MESSAGE at 514 866-9941 ext. 284
or FILL OUT THIS FORM
Please note that in order to verify your eligibility to the program, we will need to talk to you on the phone. Our phone number will appear as a private number on your caller ID. Talk to you soon!