COVID-19 : The Housing Services Social Reintegration Program continues but we are not accepting any new admissions at the moment.
A turning point program for women
The Women’s Y Residence program is designed for women experiencing a difficult period in their lives, who wish to participate in a social reintegration program. This program offers community living in a secure environment at an affordable cost.
Within a community life setting, a professional team of counsellors accompanies each participant in achieving goals that she has set out for herself, and as specified in her intervention plan.The social reintegration program consists of both individual consultations and group workshops as a means of reinforcing participants’ life skills while promoting their interpersonal capacities.
Learning to recognize their strengths and accomplishments, acquiring a greater measure of autonomy, and improving their quality of life on a social and economic level are just some of the challenges undertaken by the residents. In addition, residents benefit from a wide range of complementary services, including a weekly food bank, a volunteer centre, employment counselling services and personal development workshops.
Admission Criteria :
- be at least 18 years of age ;
- 6 months of sobriety and stability (drugs and/or gambling);
- be able to live autonomously (meals, hygiene, ability to seek help if needed, etc.);
- be followed by medical and or psychosocial professionals if necessary;
- provide two references upon successfully completing the selection interview;
- be interested in, able and willing to participate in the Social Reintegration Program.
If you would like to know more about the Residence : reintegration program,
call or write to us.