Welcome to the ‘Pub Woke’ initiative
Many of us are tired of seeing gender stereotypes, racist jokes, and poor representation of diversity in media.
We believe is time to act and to do so we need your help!
The ‘Pub Woke’ initiative, launched by YWCA Montreal, aims to sensitize communication and marketing professionals about the use of stereotypical tropes in advertising and the lack of diversity in media. Precisely, we hope to raise awareness surrounding responsible and inclusionary marketing.
Do you have some ideas to share about this? Would you like your voice to be heard? Or maybe you have some interesting takes, but do not know where to start. Either way, this project is for YOU.
Join our youth group and together we will gauge ideas to envision what inclusive media looks like.
Through online educational workshops, Pub woke provides a space for young people to share their experiences and perspectives while developing critical thinking skills. These reflections will then be transformed into a creative product that will be presented to decision-makers and stakeholders in the marketing world.
We want to hear from you! What do you always see in ads? How do you perceive it? What content would you like to see more? And above all, do you feel represented in the media?
Your opinion matters and you can play an important role in the future of advertising. Are you ready to make an impact on the industry? Sign up!
- Exchange with other youth and professionals in an engaging space
- Offer suggestions, ideas and solutions to diversify media
- $100 compensation in gift cards ($25 to start and $75 at the end of the program)
- Free registration !
- Be between the ages of 16 to 19 years old
- Live in the province of Quebec
- Commit to attending and participating in all 6 online workshops
- Participate in a short interview to confirm interest and admissibility requirements
- Return the image and consent authorization form signed by parents or guardians
Register now! We are only accepting a limited number of participants*
* The YWCA Montreal commits to offering an inclusive space. As such, we do prioritize applications from youth who identify as racialized or belonging to LGBTQ + communities.