The YWCA Montreal is offering temporary housing for people who are victims of the housing crisis, worsened by the challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The purpose of this temporary housing option is to provide a safe springboard to more stable housing as needed, until March 31, 2021.
The service is aimed at single women, single mothers with up to three children, and couples without children or with up to two children. Caregivers are also accepted. They must agree to use their stay to take steps to find more stable housing
A team of counsellors will be present every day of the week to support and accompany the people concerned. However, there will not be a 24/7 presence, so it is important that people are autonomous.
Additional information :
- Accommodation costs will be calculated according to the income of the woman/family ;
- Reservations will be made in the name of the woman ;
- Private room, shared common areas (e.g. kitchen, laundry room, living rooms, bathrooms, etc.) ;
- The presence of educators to take care of children is possible if needed ;
- Animals are not accepted ;
- No consumption of drugs or alcohol on the premises ;
- No visitors upstairs ;
- Non-smoking building.
Note: The YWCA Montreal cannot provide storage facilities. The women/families must make other arrangements to store their belongings.
Finally, residents will have to follow the directives of the organization and of the National Institute of Public Health.
To apply for admission, call: 514-866-9941 extension #440